The RIPPLE EFFECT campaign is all about creating hope!
We are aiming to get people to participate by performing a random act of kindness to counter a senseless act of violence – which as our group is aware, happens all too often.
When someone is murdered there is always shock. It is never expected, never wanted and those left behind experience many conflicting emotions – anger, guilt, blame, depression, denial.
Often there is not a lot of room left over for hope.
People generally start to feel despondent about life in general, because the balance seems out – the world seems a bad place, evil seems to triumph over good and something seems to be missing in the grand scheme of things because something so precious has been taken away ……
So this campaign is about bringing a bit of hope back. It is about being a positive change in the world and helping to restore the balance! To transform just one moment, or one day into a day of kindness, optimism and beauty!!!
The benefits of practicing a random act of kindness is that you actually get to experience another person’s joy, or at least the thought of some kind & joyful energy moving out into the world…like a ripple effect the smallest act can have the greatest effect upon the world.
Ideas to initiate!
- Buy someone a movie ticket and leave it on their desk at work anonymously!
- Tape the exact change for a soft-drink to a vending machine or a payphone.
- Pay the toll for the person behind you.
- Leave flowers in front of someone’s house.
- Bake cookies for your neighbours.
- Put some change in the laundry machine for the next person.
- Send cards with beautiful messages to anonymous people.
- Leave chocolate on the desk of your co-workers.
- Treat someone to a cup of their favourite coffee.
- Send unexpected bouquet of flowers to the hard-working receptionist in your office building.
- Give the gift of flower seeds at the next celebration you host.
- Walk down to your local city hall and hand a flower to everyone standing in the marriage registration line.
- Rake someone’s yard
- Buy donuts for neighbouring office
- Babysit for free for a mum who needs a day to herself.
- Leave your newspaper behind for the next person to read.
- Leave a good book in a public place with a “kindness tag” card.
How to register
Simply register your details below and our team will issue you with your own ripple effect cards to leave after each random act of kindness. These acts of kindness can be anonymous to public, simply carry out your act of kindness and leave behind one of our cards to encourage the recipient to visit our website.
What to do if you are experience the Ripple Effect
We would love to hear of your experience with the Ripple Effect. If you have experienced a random act of kindness, please share your experience with us below so we can see how far this positivity has been carried.